Our specialised Family Lawyers are leaders in their field with a wealth of practical knowledge and experience. We understand the importance of providing our clients not only with expert advice, but also guidance during what is often a difficult time in life. We are committed to helping resolve our clients’ matters promptly, cost-effectively and where possible, without litigation.
We provide Family Law services in the areas of:
- Parenting arrangements for children (child custody)
- Child support
- Domestic violence and restraining orders
- Binding Financial Agreements (pre-nuptial agreements)
- Property and Financial Settlements
- Spousal Maintenance
- De Facto Relationships
- Alternative Dispute Resolution/Mediation
Purcell Taylor also has expertise in Commercial Law, Criminal Law, Property Law and Wills & Estate Law, including Real Estate and Conveyancing.
When trusting us with your family law matter, you can be assured that our advice will take full account of your particular circumstances: we don’t take a “one size fits all” approach. Certain processes must be followed but our overall aim will be to tailor our approach to obtain the best outcome for you.
Our Family Law team will:
- Assist and advise you on your legal rights
- Help you to understand alternatives to family law court litigation
- Try to minimise the impact of legal disputes upon children
- Work with other professionals, where appropriate, including counsellors and accountants to provide sensible advice
- Appear as an advocate on your behalf in court
- Be available to provide advice to you in person, over the phone, by email and in writing
- Provide you with the advice, confidence and support you need
As a specialist leading provider of Family Law services in Townsville, we understand Family Law and the way the various Courts function. Our lawyers, who have combined 80 years experience in Family Law, are well placed to provide our clients with the best possible representation in all manner of family law cases.
However, what truly sets us apart is that we understand people, provide a caring and supportive environment and work with you to resolve your legal issues. We aim to help you understand and feel more in control of your changing situation. That’s why we place so much emphasis on communication. As a Purcell Taylor client you always have access to a Family Lawyer who has the ability to discuss any matter of concern with you.
As a firm that employs a number of Family Lawyers, our clients’ legal costs can be better managed through considered delegation of work to team members with appropriate expertise and experience to complete the work required. At all times, our lawyers strive to ensure clients can access the information and advice they need from a lawyer with whom they feel at ease communicating.
We also believe that clients choose to retain Purcell Taylor to assist with their family law matters because of:
- Our strong reputation for settling disputes without the need for a court hearing; and
- Our team of lawyers having sound knowledge and experience in Mediation, Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR) methods.